top of page
A Cure is Out There. Help Us Find It.
The goal of the PCDH19 Alliance Research Grant Program is to fund research directly towards understanding the expression of the PCDH19 gene and the function of the PCDH19 protein, finding therapeutic treatments, and a cure for PCDH19 Epilepsy.
We also hope that the projects we fund will lead to additional research support from government or other funding agencies. We are pleased to be able to support many different types of projects, each critical for advancing all phases of PCDH19 research, from basic to clinical to treatment.
These grants are crucial for allowing investigators to gain enough data to be able to attract even larger, multi-year commitments from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other traditional medical research funding organizations. The PCDH19 Alliance Research Grant Program awards one year grants between $25,000 and $75,000. The number of awards is contingent upon the availability of funds for that cycle.
The PCDH19 Alliance also thanks the family foundation that has joined us to keep research moving forward.
Application guidelines are below. Please email Julie Walters with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Face Page (download)
2) Scientific Abstract and Lay abstract – 1 page or less
3) Budget Page*
4) Budget Justification Page
5) Hypothesis and Specific Aims – 1 page
6) Research Design – 4 pages, including background, preliminary data, experimental plan and methods
7) A statement on how the research will advance the understanding, treatment or care of people with PCDH19 Epilepsy – ½ page
8) Citations – no limit
10) Email your completed submissions to email@example.com
*If the total budget for your project exceeds the amount you are requesting from the PCDH19 Alliance, your budget page must include a breakdown of how all funds, including those from other sources, will be used. We do not allow for indirect costs at this time.
bottom of page